The Left Hand
I spent all my years believing in You
I tried the best I could
I Loved my neighbour as myself
I Loved them better still
I cried on my own
when I was sad
tried to seperate my goods from my bad
I asked to send me somebody to Love
And you reached out to me with your left hand
Oh God I will not let go of you
I will wrestle with your left hand
I will hold onto your left hand
I will not
I can not
I shall not
will you please show
how I can better what I have done wrong
not untill at last I hear a song
till then I cleave to Your Left hand
and keep reaching for Your right.
Untill I fully understand
Untill my eyes you open wide
Untill then the pain of your Left hand
for me will guide.
Untill I see the Light
And I am on your Right
I will not let go.
Michelle Melody's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Left Hand by Michelle Melody )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Newbie, Savita Tyagi
- Is That A Virtues Woman?, John Ugolo Umah
- थांनानै था आरो थांनानै थानो हो, Bahadur Basumatary
- Carrying titles, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- If Heaven Was For..., John Ugolo Umah
- City Of Abomination, John Ugolo Umah
- History Of Death!, John Ugolo Umah
- Sweet Misery, Monica Shs
- lavender and roadkill, Ben Paynter
- Is mother universal, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.