Lawrence S. Pertillar
The Lives Of Those Lived Self Centered
Many are awakening to realize,
How empty their lives have been.
And if it wasn't for those,
They observed from their windows...
Looking in other directions,
To appear unimpressed...
By something new in their driveway.
Or yelling out their front doors,
'Look at me I'm over here', expressed...
They would not find life as meaningless,
As it has for them become.
This would not be noticed at all,
If the trying so hard was not at all done.
Not even standing in their doorway butt naked,
Attracts the attention expected.
So sad are the lives of those lived self centered.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Lives Of Those Lived Self Centered by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- What I Know About Epistemology, John Surowiecki
- we the people, glen pugh
- Next Time, Joyce Sutphen
- The Night That Comes only Once, Akhtar Jawad
- The Goldsmith, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- বাঁকা চোখে দেখো নাকো, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- Cronyism, Tony Adah
- A Poppy Seed is Only A Poppy Seed and You?, Monk E. Biz
- Look At Me Straight, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- SELF DISCOVERY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov