The Loftiest Temple Crumbles
(The poem was written after Mother Teresa left for her heavenly abode. Hearing the news of her demise the poet got emotional. He sobbed, then cried in a solitary room. A few days later, he translated his impulse into words) .
The loftiest temple of solace supreme,
The loveliest centre of pilgrimage
On the earth, crumbles in silence.
Oh cruel God! Why have you
Snatched away my mother,
The all merciful universal soul,
The infinite ocean of love,
Where the homeless, retarded
And the discarded millions took
Their bath, relished the ripples
With Mother's touch?
They revived with springing joy,
But are orphaned again!
Pall of gloom is on the earth;
Will it recuperate ever?
Awards galore...... and galore,
Glamorous and glittering fell
Much short before her divine
Wrinkles and drooping stature.
Glory unto Mother!
The ascetic of the ascetics,
Saint of the saints, vibrant and
Whirling, with her heart to God
And hands to work.
The Goddess Incarnate lived
The life of bliss eternal.
Blessed is the place
Where she was born;
Blessed are the parents
To whom she was born;
Blessed are the paths
Where she strode;
Blessed are the cities
Where she worked;
Blessed are the people
Who came in her touch;
And even blessed is the God
Whom she worshiped.
O' kind Lord, behold!
The world is in tears.
Take care of my Mother.
She is tired.
Pulakkumar Ditti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Loftiest Temple Crumbles by Pulakkumar Ditti )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock
- Where Are The People Who Say They Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cryptic Revealed Smile Enigmatic Eye Awa.., Terence G. Craddock
- X, Midnights Voice
- Drone .....[little SPY 'fly-by'; definit.., Bri Edwards
- Opposite People, Tony Adah
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI