Bazi alis Subrata Ray
The Masked Lunatic
Come dear let us talk and play,
Lending no ear to what they say,
We would make the present the rime of the day.
Look at me, ask, what I got in life,
With a love-loran swine eloped the wife,
Should I cry, or another try?
And you who never did marry,
Wear the malty of many a story,
And prove a river to dip a bath!
Oh! No let us go and beguile,
We would not leave any profile,
Let us fuss with wild smiles!
I know you claim no interest,
My allotted time is going to over,
And another client is coming in the gate.
I wanted to unburden my clumsy odds,
For, neither I prayed nor submitted to God,
I was ambitious and a whole-time hoard.
Hey, let me book another night,
I forward a cheque for time-ride,
Tell your Madame, you are well paid.
Ah! Money, I have enough,
But sorry, they prove scorpions in my tub,
Oh! I have no note to play on my broken harp!
Yes, yes I have eaten, lots of yellow -green,
A museum of faces with different screens,
Politicians, film stars, and bottle- teens.
Hi perhaps, you want to ask,
What kind of service I demand from your task,
You may go, I don’t know, I think I am a mask!
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Masked Lunatic by Bazi alis Subrata Ray )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
Poem of the Day
- a written poem, animesh sapkota
- Nobody Home - 1. Forever We Roll, Joseph Archer
- Losing Interest, Dawson Walter Smith
- Thirteen Ways To Look at Flowers, Mason Liu
- Suicide, Michael P. McParland
- Man in the Moon, Diana Landry Bardsly
- Indian English Poetry: A Study In Scatte.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Dirty Old Man of India, Khushwant Si.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Came I to summer, Nero CaroZiv
- Under The Lantern Light I Used To Read, Bijay Kant Dubey