The Meaning Of Life
Down the aisle and back again
The handsome groom and his new wife
She looks into his eyes and says,
'Dearest, tell me the meaning of life.'
He takes her in his arms and replies,
'Love, you are the meaning of life.'
She looks into her baby's face
A joyous smile and eyes so bright
The mother turns to her husband and asks,
'Now can you tell me the meaning of life? '
He gazes down at his daughter and says,
'Maybe she is the meaning of life.'
A little girl takes her father's hand
Laughing and leading him into the night
Chasing fireflies and dancing merrily
'Daddy, what is the meaning of life? '
He pulls a firefly from her hair
'Moments like these are the meaning of life.'
Years come and go for the family of three
Years without sadness, worry, or strife
Once in a while someone will ask,
'Can you please tell me the meaning of life? '
The couple will smile and shake their heads
'We can't explain the meaning of life.'
Two parents stand by their daughter's grave
Grieving at the tragic sight
The woman turns to her husband and says,
'Dearest, what now is the meaning of life? '
He utters these words, choking back tears,
'Love, there is no more meaning to life.'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Meaning Of Life by Akara K. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Enchantment Of Yesterday, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Great Thugs of Indian English Poetry.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Spaniels, Diane Hine
- WE RIDE NORTH, AWAKEN!, Hibah Shabkhez
- I am the paradise, gajanan mishra
- Non-Belief and Nothing, douglas scotney
- Is poem everything?, gajanan mishra
- Universal Creed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Chalo na phir shuruyaat krte hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Kaise mai ye likh deta hoon! !, Ajeet Singh Dhruv