The Miller's Bold Daughter
Es heult der Sturm, die Nacht ist graus,
Die Lampe schimmert im Müllerhaus.
Da schleichen drei Räuber wild und stumm -
Husch, husch, pist, pist! - ums Haus herum.
Die Müllerstochter spinnt allein,
Drei Räuber schaun zum Fenster herein.
Der zweite will Blut, der dritte will Gold,
Der erste, der ist dem Mädel hold.
The storm wind howls - a grisly night;
The lamp in the mill is twinkling bright.
Three robbers are sneaking, wild and still -
hush, hush, whist, whist! - around the mill.
The miller's daughter sits and spins.
There! In the window - three evil grins!
The second wants blood, the third wants gold,
The first is after the maiden bold.
Wilhelm Busch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Miller's Bold Daughter by Wilhelm Busch )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Brain is the link., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fireworks Of Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sleep it away., Gary Hembree
- Adil Jussawalla The Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- It's Morning, Dr Ronnie Bai
- She and He, Dr Ronnie Bai
- My last regret, Eliza Clair
- My Hometown Today, Dr Ronnie Bai
- Half ajar, Mark Heathcote
- Driftwood (II), Dr Ronnie Bai