The night winds
The night winds say~
'You shoulda' stayed, girl'
The night wind cries,
'You shouldn't have left, girl'
And the night winds say,
'He could've been your rock, girl'
The night winds softly bellows
'He was the one for you'
The night winds say
'I wouldn't have left your side, girl.'
The night winds cries demandingly
'You're gonna miss me in the morning, girl.'
When you feel this night wind—
It will clearly say to you;
'We are lonely, dear one
I miss him…we shouldn't have left him, '
And your night wind
Will [be]come cold without me…..
Shean Davis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The night winds by Shean Davis )
- Bashfulness is the ornament for a youthf.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Yours, and only mine, Maya Tod
- IQ poeam, Angry Brownbear
- Lacklustre thoughts, Angry Brownbear
- Mindless Wind, Angry Brownbear
- Screams of Silence, Angry Brownbear
- Abode Aroma, Angry Brownbear
- Worth living, gajanan mishra
- Discard your vanity, gajanan mishra
- Musings of Murmur, Angry Brownbear
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(21 November 1844 – 19 July 1926)