The night winds
The night winds say~
'You shoulda' stayed, girl'
The night wind cries,
'You shouldn't have left, girl'
And the night winds say,
'He could've been your rock, girl'
The night winds softly bellows
'He was the one for you'
The night winds say
'I wouldn't have left your side, girl.'
The night winds cries demandingly
'You're gonna miss me in the morning, girl.'
When you feel this night wind—
It will clearly say to you;
'We are lonely, dear one
I miss him…we shouldn't have left him, '
And your night wind
Will [be]come cold without me…..
Shean Davis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The night winds by Shean Davis )
- Non - Compliance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Understanding, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Is homosexual an adultery?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- my heart zeal's with the angels, Antonio Liao
- Peace Of The Soul, Michael McParland
- Dream: Not Scream, Aftab Alam
- Do you?, Petai Jirakongpipat
- Standing, Dislocated Heart
- There Goes Life (Dust To Dust), Michael McParland
- Bluened Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dirge, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Incident In A Rose Garden (By Donald Jus.., michael zhitnitsky
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)