The night winds
The night winds say~
'You shoulda' stayed, girl'
The night wind cries,
'You shouldn't have left, girl'
And the night winds say,
'He could've been your rock, girl'
The night winds softly bellows
'He was the one for you'
The night winds say
'I wouldn't have left your side, girl.'
The night winds cries demandingly
'You're gonna miss me in the morning, girl.'
When you feel this night wind—
It will clearly say to you;
'We are lonely, dear one
I miss him…we shouldn't have left him, '
And your night wind
Will [be]come cold without me…..
Shean Davis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The night winds by Shean Davis )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(20 September 1902 – 7 March 1971)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- The ship of the desert, gajanan mishra
- Bright Star, John Keats
Poem of the Day
- गोजां बोथोर - सोरबा नागिरदोँ गुदुं गुदुं, Ronjoy Brahma
- Rainfall, hafiz qasim
- Reading Elizabeth Bishop's Poem 'Insomnia', Merton Lee
- A language, a race, gajanan mishra
- Reality And Unimagination..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Smile, hafiz qasim
- Soldiers' Living Tomb, Ima Ryma
- Winter In The Wind, Tony Adah
- Barren Moon, Esther Ukeh
- Unrest Soul: Churches After Christ Death, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche