The night winds
The night winds say~
'You shoulda' stayed, girl'
The night wind cries,
'You shouldn't have left, girl'
And the night winds say,
'He could've been your rock, girl'
The night winds softly bellows
'He was the one for you'
The night winds say
'I wouldn't have left your side, girl.'
The night winds cries demandingly
'You're gonna miss me in the morning, girl.'
When you feel this night wind—
It will clearly say to you;
'We are lonely, dear one
I miss him…we shouldn't have left him, '
And your night wind
Will [be]come cold without me…..
Shean Davis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The night winds by Shean Davis )
- Sonnet: To My Doctor Boss, Dr John Celes
- Awakening, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Ours, Neela Nath
- Abstinence, Angela K Brown
- It Makes You Sad, mary douglas
- Let light be, hasmukh amathalal
- People of the Fourth World, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Rising Evil, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- Orphan, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Verbum Caro, Translation of Pierre Emman.., T (no first name) Wignesan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(15 April 1958)