Is It Poetry
The Old Maid
Today on the bus I saw them.
To much all alone by themselves.
No one was willing to help,
except for a man like her by himself.
I saw a young child with a child.
While the face at the window knew better.
Younger than she, her older brother.
Not knowing what change was to come after.
All if not most to fat none would want them.
Where the youngest of age bore her young.
None having a man they could count on.
The death of one maid they have come from.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Old Maid by Is It Poetry )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Youth, Lisa Blossomdale
- Sounds of my beating heart, Lisa Blossomdale
- Words, meaningful empty words, Lisa Blossomdale
- Cruelty..., Hafeni Nghidinua
- Me, Lisa Blossomdale
- Cry Me A River, Lilly Emery
- Admiration, tallulah montegue
- MY GRANDMOTHER LOVED ALL KINDS OF FLOWER.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Want To Write You A Note, Lilly Emery
- Oxford street, Amitie Abedi