The Preacher At Ogbanamma Dance
With admiration and enthusiasm,
he watches the maidens dancing,
just exactly to the tone of the drum beats.
Carrying his bible up on chest,
with his arms up folded on it.
His eyes caught by her dancing steps,
admiring her special dancing styles,
forgetting even his aim unaccomplished.
There lies some strength in her dance.
Many calls it ogbanamma dance,
b'cause they taught it's marine incarnet,
only just that it's a mere cultural dance,
many evils said to befall the dance.
Ozioma the ogbanamma dancer,
dancing really best to her co-dancers,
and emerge the seizer of the preacher's heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Preacher At Ogbanamma Dance by ogbonna chinemerem )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Stop needless, hasmukh amathalal
- LOVER'S CRY, Owais Mujtaba
- Parler le silence des autres, Eric Dubois
- A Beautiful Life, Casey Renee Kiser
- Keeping people happy, Dr.Rajendra Tela,Nirantar
- Tristesse, Eric Dubois
- Nous descendons des escaliers fragiles, Eric Dubois
- She loves me the way I am, Dr.Rajendra Tela,Nirantar
- clay pigeon shooters (30 sec ditty), lee fones
- Le silence nappe le jour, Eric Dubois