The Proud of Heart
Did you see him?
He just walked into the store wearing a high priced suit.
Stuffing several plastic grocery bags, with stolen food being, his loot.
If the police saw him they would shoot.
But, he wears a disguise of a new designer suit.
Comfortably, he walks up and down the aisles.
Taking stolen food!
He stole the filet mignon.
Casually walking out of the store wearing, his fancy designer shoes'.
While facing life's trials,
He walks like a proud man on stolen time.
Before, he's incarcerated for his crime.
He walks out as if the world owes him.
Who is he?
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Proverbs 16: 5 The Lord detests all the proud of heart. Be sure of this: The will not go unpunished.
Comments about this poem (The Proud of Heart by Patricia Kelley )
- The Real Me, Margaret Alice Second
- kiss me hardy, george albot
- When Will I Wake, Anirudh Rawat
- Silencio en ingles, Donnie Wolff
- Our Lewd Obscene and Vulgar Episodes, Hamid Vitalis
- Life, Anirudh Rawat
- If You Stop Loving Me, Fatima Nusairat
- Rain And The Shadows, Anirudh Rawat
- Beautiful Girl, Anirudh Rawat
- Someday, Ryan Telebwe
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)