The Proud of Heart
Did you see him?
He just walked into the store wearing a high priced suit.
Stuffing several plastic grocery bags, with stolen food being, his loot.
If the police saw him they would shoot.
But, he wears a disguise of a new designer suit.
Comfortably, he walks up and down the aisles.
Taking stolen food!
He stole the filet mignon.
Casually walking out of the store wearing, his fancy designer shoes'.
While facing life's trials,
He walks like a proud man on stolen time.
Before, he's incarcerated for his crime.
He walks out as if the world owes him.
Who is he?
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Proverbs 16: 5 The Lord detests all the proud of heart. Be sure of this: The will not go unpunished.
Comments about this poem (The Proud of Heart by Patricia Kelley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Christmas Box, Edgar Albert Guest
- Next Of Kin, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Honor Roll, Edgar Albert Guest
- Safe At Home, Edgar Albert Guest
- Old Years And New, Edgar Albert Guest
- She Powders Her Nose, Edgar Albert Guest
- Mother's Job, Edgar Albert Guest
- Education Coming Full Circle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What Father Knows, Edgar Albert Guest
- To The Boy, Edgar Albert Guest