Bazi alis Subrata Ray
The Revealing Zoo.
Tinged Glow, my friend a curator of a zoo,
Loved animals and birds, and their psychology too.
He once wished my friendly visit with tender mood,
And urged me to share the animals’ psychic food.
With the coming out of the tiger from Blake’s forest,
The supervision of our pleasure found the set.
I began to roar with the tiger’s groan,
Mr.Curator like a caught up dear peeped a moan.
The peacock in rain with defused light, ’
Spread its spectrum –feather in amorous fight.
I began to dance, and wished my fair divine,
And the dancing peacock in me began to shine.
The lamb in the meadow –green with its mild and meek vase,
The valley with its echoing rebounding, calms the nature’s grace.
My being passed into a cow, goat, and cozy sheep,
A living lamb I became in my transient trip.
In each and every moment’s shows,
My identities with birds and animal go.
Am I a store house of all Nature’s inmates?
Do the earth and the cosmos in me find their trace?
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Revealing Zoo. by Bazi alis Subrata Ray )
- My Mother..., Taimane Fanene
- Ignoring Seasons, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ephemera, Ian Nicholas McDowell
- Seeing light in Darkness, Aziz Akrish
- Mother! will I not be the saffron spot o.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- A Virtual Life, Sandra Feldman
- Never Ending Dreams, Lilly Emery
- My Soul's Song, Matthew Densley
- No love, Barbara Dixion
- Music Is Life, Ray Hansell
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)