Bazi alis Subrata Ray
The Revealing Zoo.
Tinged Glow, my friend a curator of a zoo,
Loved animals and birds, and their psychology too.
He once wished my friendly visit with tender mood,
And urged me to share the animals’ psychic food.
With the coming out of the tiger from Blake’s forest,
The supervision of our pleasure found the set.
I began to roar with the tiger’s groan,
Mr.Curator like a caught up dear peeped a moan.
The peacock in rain with defused light, ’
Spread its spectrum –feather in amorous fight.
I began to dance, and wished my fair divine,
And the dancing peacock in me began to shine.
The lamb in the meadow –green with its mild and meek vase,
The valley with its echoing rebounding, calms the nature’s grace.
My being passed into a cow, goat, and cozy sheep,
A living lamb I became in my transient trip.
In each and every moment’s shows,
My identities with birds and animal go.
Am I a store house of all Nature’s inmates?
Do the earth and the cosmos in me find their trace?
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Revealing Zoo. by Bazi alis Subrata Ray )
- Buried Beneath The Waves, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- uncomfortable, maharshi trivedi
- Mexican Food With Jesus, Mr. Nobody
- Sonnet of Pain, Sierra Staten
- Particle Of Breath, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- थिरिँ बिरिँ x5, Ronjoy Brahma
- Come Come, Tango Tango
- God Teaches Geology (M-F), Mr. Nobody
- I am Running Faster, Akhtar Jawad
- (समनि नायथाय) गुफुर उखुन्दैनि खुवाया, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns