Mark R Slaughter
She to rose; eye to petal;
Scent of rose to hers; squaring up,
The rose and woman's enigmatic beauty.
Mystery of colour;
Sophisticated nose of rose
Convinces - is that a wavering mind?
Rose, wink to me and let me know!
Rose, ambassador - stealthy messenger.
Rose! you waft a cheeky charm
Beneath your regal poise.
Regaling her, you are the dance!
Rose, your velvet feel in silken hand
Has her succumbed - again!
You watch her dial his number,
And grinning in accomplishment,
Your petals open further.
Copyright Mark R Slaughter 2009
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Rose by Mark R Slaughter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Lights, Camera, Action, Sandra Feldman
- Turned Onto Suicidal Paths, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Last Page, Bhaskar Rabha
- Peace, SALINI NAIR
- With a glance on Cuito Cuanavale, Gert Strydom
- Inferno, Gert Strydom
- Exactly in this time(ঠিক এইখিনি সময়তে), Bhaskar Rabha
- Evening conversation, Gert Strydom
- Place, laxami Cards
- teaching my baby girls, Jason Callender