Mark R Slaughter
She to rose; eye to petal;
Scent of rose to hers; squaring up,
The rose and woman's enigmatic beauty.
Mystery of colour;
Sophisticated nose of rose
Convinces - is that a wavering mind?
Rose, wink to me and let me know!
Rose, ambassador - stealthy messenger.
Rose! you waft a cheeky charm
Beneath your regal poise.
Regaling her, you are the dance!
Rose, your velvet feel in silken hand
Has her succumbed - again!
You watch her dial his number,
And grinning in accomplishment,
Your petals open further.
Copyright Mark R Slaughter 2009
Mark R Slaughter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Rose by Mark R Slaughter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock
- Where Are The People Who Say They Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cryptic Revealed Smile Enigmatic Eye Awa.., Terence G. Craddock