Windsor Guadalupe Jr
The Seafarer's Diary; Berceuse: #6
The stars are hoisted
Upon the picturesque azure
And they twine
To craft constellations
That I’ve no claim
They speak to me
One by one:
A vague scintillation,
A language that is obscure.
This night is sculpted
Into a day despite the furlough
Of the kingly Sun.
The sea – I’ve zilch care.
The zephyr blows,
And asks me an inquiry
A fictional travail -
A superlative travesty.
Do you believe in
Fables, young seafarer?
The night’s hysteria
Is latticed to my being.
And as a salutation,
I nodded as the stars
One by one.
In this expanse,
From the far-fetched gardens,
I can hear a siren
Singing her allure:
A splendid symphony,
An unchained wail.
An arbitrary opus.
I am swoon over
As the sea is muted
And the waves
Are sent to abeyance.
Windsor Guadalupe Jr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Seafarer's Diary; Berceuse: #6 by Windsor Guadalupe Jr )
- Snapshot of a Mass Murderer, Paul Hartal
- The Sentinel, Percy Dovetonsils
- Negative Beings, Tameeka Smith
- Liberty Is, Sandra Feldman
- Forgotten Prayer, Noreen Carden
- *ifrat*, Crystal Heart
- Inside Out, Ronald Chapman
- Hers and mine, Nassy Fesharaki
- Lifetime Memberships, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Hypocrite That Contradicts, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(15 April 1958)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)