The Smarter Cat, Postmodern Theology - Most Scatalogical - Without Apology To Christopher Smart
For I will consider my Cat Jeoffry.
For he is the servant of the Living God...
For by stroking of him I have found out electricity.
- from 'Jubilate Agno' by Christopher Smart
Consider the Cat Oliver
asleep upon the journal's
leather, old ink and think
enclosed, weighted as
only Cat-weight weighs in
upon all things, pink-eared.
A Poem of Itself possessed,
Cat-self, He's but a winking
Dream only Paws may seize.
Please the dust in corners,
I'd rather nod.
Let others consider god.
I shall consider Me,
the better of the two,
furred things being best.
I shall not raise a tail to human
deity, that brute untamed,
clumsy, no sense of balance.
Rather, the human being is
My mastery. I have trained
some few of them well which
pleases Me and greatly them
though I shall appear indifferent
as I ever am.
I will the sun up and down,
daily annunciation of tin cans,
humming humans whose
voices are the softer for
My Presence, O bringest
thou me now the tuna.
And their laughter I patiently
endure. They think Me silly
but Trickster is an arse on purpose.
I take their picture with Mine.
But not now.
Every moment is a pose,
each still gesture appears
insignificant, a supposition.
Warren Falcon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Smarter Cat, Postmodern Theology - Most Scatalogical - Without Apology To Christopher Smart by Warren Falcon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Epic Joshua Speed, Richard Thripp
- The Bounty Of Nature, Miethi Goswami
- MY GOOD HEART, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- White Port (revised), Jose Armando Guzman
- Ha Mai Ladki Hu..........., sonali kumari
- emaandari ya bemaani ya dil ka khot hai, Kamar Alam
- HOW CAN ONE ENJOY THE BEAUTY OF DUTY, Upendra Singh
- BARAS-BARAS MEGHA RE, Upendra Singh
- I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON AROUND, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Changing Emotion (revised II), Heather burns