The spiritual athlete often changes the color of his clothes
The spiritual athlete often changes the color of his clothes,
and his mind remains gray and loveless.
He sits inside a shrine room all day,
so that the Guest has to go outdoors and praise the rocks.
Or he drills holes in his ears, his hair grows
enormous and matted,
people mistake him for a goat...
He goes out into wilderness areas, strangles his impulses,
and makes himself neither male nor female...
He shaves his skull, puts his robe in an orange vat,
reads the Bhagavad-Gita, and becomes a terrific talker.
Kabir says: Actually you are going in a hearse
to the country of death,
bound hand and foot!
Kabir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The spiritual athlete often changes the color of his clothes by Kabir )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Away she went, moez meftah
- I Need A Reason To Live Your Dream, Asma Riaz Khan
- tera didar wo, Yashvardhan Goel
- My bloody heart!, Vinaya Joseph
- Cobwebs, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Gifts of Aging, Liilia Talts Morrison
- You Will...! ! !, Asma Riaz Khan
- Anjani Si Shikayat, Yashvardhan Goel
- Police station, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- dard sehkar bhi, Yashvardhan Goel