Bazi alis Subrata Ray
The Spiritual Nonsense.
Bottom arrests wonder to Hamlet,
As Alice travels Wonderland’s gate,
And Falstaff rises from death –bed.
Humpty Dumpty rides on Donquixote’s back,
Prospero wills Arden by Ariel’s hack,
Swift’s tales as Gulliver reveals.
Invites Edward Lear to live in nonsense fable.
Aaron’s cut off rod from Almond tree,
Blossoms flowers as reason-free,
And Jesus’ touch washes death by bliss,
Or turning a lover to vampire by Masuda’s kiss.
The ghosts or saints in us are the twin-flowers,
In the dark and lighted hemispheres, -the two towers,
Birth enjoins in death and death in birth,
Evolves continuously earth after earth,
And Faith is nonsense that adds grandeur
To incompleteness, as phantasmagoria is our case.
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Spiritual Nonsense. by Bazi alis Subrata Ray )
- Haiku ' Marsh', miken newman
- Halloween Wind, Rhonda Baker
- My Mam Jackie., David Boyce
- For every sun thus there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
- Warmth in the Winter, Joshua Chuhran
- I REMEMBER, Nazreen Nazarudeen
- Story of Man, Joshua Chuhran
- Daily admission, gajanan mishra
- The Idealist., RAJ VIKRAM
- waste your time reading this, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)