The Story So Far
As i stand here,
Silently at the eighteenth milestone of my life,
And look back at the trail behind me,
I have grown up,
Strangely, i have indeed,
From the boy of yesterday,
To the lad of today,
Life has changed, Times have changed, People have changed,
And yeah i have changed...
But this isn't how i wanted it to be,
I was never what i am today...
On one of the chilly mornings of march '99,
With the sun still sleeping,
A little kid is woken up by his mother,
'Bah! ! School again' he says,
He goes to school, into his second family,
His friends, and a large one at that,
And, they do what they are expected to do,
They play all day, they run about in the corridoors,
And indeed have a blast of a time,
And whats new about it?
It happens daily....
Loving and living every bit, every moment of life,
Our hero cries for lost erasers,
And on teacher's scoldings...
He's scared of his mother, when he hasn't scored atleast 9 on 10...
But, he's happy,
His heart is clean of hate,
He's shy yet confident,
A complete extrovart,
Wouldn't keep a thing in his stomach,
Thats how it all used to be....
And then times changed, people changed,
And he changed.
And he was given better reasons to cry, than lost erasers,
'But things don't go this bad,
Atleast they didn't in my fairytales'
'Ha dude, life is no fairyland,
this is how life is'
People say i'm too pessimistic about life,
I just feel i've observed life silently,
And all i know is,
You are what your times are,
Your times change, you change,
Nothing stays, feelings, friendships, love....
Trusting people seems an impossible feat...
They say i'm addicted to pain,
And i'm addicted to loneliness,
Well when the pain surpasses all boundaries,
It just dies out, leaving behind,
A strange relief, a trance,
At the bottom of the ocean,
There is trance,
You aren't drowning anymore,
You're just calm and accept it,
And that is where i am,
Sitting comfy at the bottom of the ocean...
They say i'm childish,
Come on people,
I'm not childish,
I'm a child, the hero (at the heart though) ...
Times have changed,
People have changed,
And i too have changed....
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Story So Far by Nishant Rawlley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(03 April 1964)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(18 November 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Happy Birthday stranger, ice johnson
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Taking Off Emily Dickinson's Clothes, Billy Collins
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
Poem of the Day
- Petits morceaux, Lubinda Lubinda
- For Edgar Allan Poe With All Gratitude..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- It Takes Tears to..., Rodney R. Cooper
- It Takes Tears, Rodney R. Cooper
- My life, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Don't leave me cozied-up homely, Mark Heathcote
- If You Were Here Today, Serena Blackinton
- Uncle Trevor's Solution, rohan bendre
- Trapped Inside, Pamela Carroll
- Two Green Points: Art Print by Wassily K.., Frank Avon