Adedamola Adeleke Ajibade
The Sun and You
I woke up this morning with your Thought in my heart
It was dull and the radiance of the Sun seems Null
I stepped out and I saw that it was cold and wet
How I wish I could get a little warmth from the sun... I said to myself.
Why the sun?
Why do I desire so much warmth?
The sun is beautiful
It also keeps you warm
Not only does it light the day,
It shows you the beauty hidden the present day.
That’s why I long for you day by day
I miss you...
Just like I miss the sun in the early hours of the day
A day without you is like a day without the sun
‘Cos you remind me of all that is beautiful, all that
Is bright, everything full of light.
Come to me my sun
Come to me my light
Come with all your might
And make everything just as bright
Up it rises in the morning
Down it sets at night
I will always have you in my heart
Even till the sun sets in my life
Adedamola Adeleke Ajibade's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Sun and You by Adedamola Adeleke Ajibade )
- REED NOTES (The Flute Player), Vinaya Joseph
- Madness, Amy Welch
- And Yet You Just Watch, Asma Riaz Khan
- _I've shot the poet, Yor Nella
- Death valley, sultan mahmud
- Under Wearmouth Bridge, Paul Gerard Reed
- Without Wanting..., Asma Riaz Khan
- Of Albert's Prayer, Adeosun Olamide
- Opera, Naveed Khalid
- Before the Big Bang, Harley White