The Sun will shine Today
The sun will shine today.
Though late the night has been,
Through paths so darkened and gloomy
Not for the similitude of our hope
Or a semblance in cavalcade rush
We waited too long for this
No worse than these shall sway
The hopes so high within
The sun will shine today,
The rain will follow with abundance,
Drops so many in eyen of anticipation,
Come as together in this circle with unison and hope,
Holding forth for the blessing yet to come
That we all may say together chasing our doubts and fear
The sun will rise again,
Yes, the sun will shine today.
macaulay akinbami's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Sun will shine Today by macaulay akinbami )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Know, Lyn Paul
- Those Who Know, Monk E. Biz
- peaches on the side, Mandolyn ...
- i could have made s'mores, Mandolyn ...
- Song: State of Fear, Dave SmithWhite
- there's an element in the room, Mandolyn ...
- Goodbye 2014, Michael McParland
- Holding Moments In Cupped Hands, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Beauty, Brianna Kimball
- Seminars, Mark Heathcote