The Tormented Mind
Sad soul take comfort, nor forget,
Scatter the clouds that hide,
The years that were spent in pain, and regret,
With no one in whom to confide...
A beast that wants discourse of reason,
Sorrow shall show no kind,
A day, an hour, of virtuous liberty,
To ease the tormented mind...
A lost heart struggling in the storms of hate,
Abashed, the devil, now stands,
Heaven has hidden the volumes of fate,
Beyond the wisdom of man...
Look out upon the stars, my love,
The night has a thousand eyes,
Set your sights on all things above,
And clear the gathering skies...
Chaos of thought, and passion confused,
Ruin upon ruin of doubt,
What shall I do in the days, and the hours,
In the absence, of all faith devout...
A countenance more of sorrow, than anger,
Accepts these grateful tears,
Bad in the best, excellence in neither,
Has followed me throughout the years...
For men at most differ from Heaven and earth,
The course, which conspires to blind,
Virtue is as many precious odours, ..most fragrant,
To ease the tormented mind....
dino evans's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Tormented Mind by dino evans )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- It is nature, hasmukh amathalal
- Difference, hasmukh amathalal
- Own earth own life, gajanan mishra
- My Girl, Dasia Deas
- Silent Messages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the old man is bitten, RIC S. BASTASA
- ....and then an empty morning sky, RIC S. BASTASA
- Magnitude Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At present, hasmukh amathalal
- and then the night swallows her includin.., RIC S. BASTASA