The Tree Brides
“Of course a tree has rings…
And each a wedding band”
O to be the “bride” of such a tree …
To bask in his emerald love unendingly.
Minus all other pining cordialities
But just a litany of bird song …
O wouldn’t that be truly heavenly
To wear sky as my wedding - sarong!
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Tree Brides by Mark Heathcote )
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Stronghold: Macchu Picchu, Brandt Nightingale
- Friends, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Yes/No, Morgan Michaels
- Chibok Blues, Tony Adah
- Staged Fright, Luke J. Holt
- The Wall of Water Falls, Brandt Nightingale
- Prayer of Ruin, Luke J. Holt
- Sweet Memories, Lilly Emery
- Earth's Time Clock Ticks, Patricia Kelley