Dorian Petersen Potter
The Truth (Rhyming Couplets)
Some people hate it when you tell them the truth, that's so
They get so fired up at you and in their merry go 'round go.
Some want to throw you off by twisting it all to get their own way
They refuse to hear anything from you that you might wish to say.
Like I hear and say even if it hurts the truth needs to be told
Well, prepare, many people may not like you anymore after the truth unfolds.
So take it or leave it with some people in this world you can't ever win
But in the end all that matters is that you keep true to yourself thru thick and thin.
Yeah, just do whats right and tell it as it is, remember that truth will set you free
Some may not conform to the truth but in the end thats not your problem, hope all agree.
Dorian Petersen Potter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Truth (Rhyming Couplets) by Dorian Petersen Potter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- limericks section (more to be added) fi.., lee fones
- Because of my dream, Alex Adeoye
- O CRUEL AGGRESSORS! YOU CAN NOT BEND OR .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Puddles Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE MORE THAN WHAT W.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Rembrandt, Phil Soar
- Margrit Biever Mondavi…..Happy Birthday .., James B. Earley
- Symbols Unremembered, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Restoration, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Lovely Fact, Naveed Akram