Dorian Petersen Potter
The Truth (Rhyming Couplets)
Some people hate it when you tell them the truth, that's so
They get so fired up at you and in their merry go 'round go.
Some want to throw you off by twisting it all to get their own way
They refuse to hear anything from you that you might wish to say.
Like I hear and say even if it hurts the truth needs to be told
Well, prepare, many people may not like you anymore after the truth unfolds.
So take it or leave it with some people in this world you can't ever win
But in the end all that matters is that you keep true to yourself thru thick and thin.
Yeah, just do whats right and tell it as it is, remember that truth will set you free
Some may not conform to the truth but in the end thats not your problem, hope all agree.
Dorian Petersen Potter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Truth (Rhyming Couplets) by Dorian Petersen Potter )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(21 July 1899 - 2 July 1961)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- My Classroom, shivani pillai
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Remember, Christina Georgina Rossetti
Poem of the Day
- NDFB, Pankazz koirala Upadhayaya
- Youth is remembered, hasmukh amathalal
- Fidelity, RAJ VIKRAM
- आलम दुसरा था.aalam dusraa thaa, hasmukh amathalal
- Fabrication of Success, Breanni McDuffey
- No base, hasmukh amathalal
- Fighting fire with fire, Leong Ming Loong
- To go down, hasmukh amathalal
- A Horror Memory, Nash Thomas
- In new world, hasmukh amathalal