Bazi alis Subrata Ray
The Two Halves In One
The Two Halves In One.
Just for your sake I was born,
And had you not been,
How could I make love,
How could I feed Time to myself!
Your cyclic incarnations,
As the daily sun,
With budded hopes and warmth,
Petrol my vehicle.
I courted you to equal my illusions,
Knowing nothing of your identity,
And your home to me comes up,
A play house of appetite and rest.
Who cares the truth, -the idealized abstract ?
When beauty harvests chemistry's ecstasy,
And in deepening faith the mutual wantons fade,
Ah! love, -just for me You were made.
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Two Halves In One by Bazi alis Subrata Ray )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Anthem For Doomed Youth, Wilfred Owen
Poem of the Day
- The three happy man are in the world, no.., Yuri Starostin
- Far away stare, Cee Bea
- N.D.F.B. Lai katna jau, Pankazz koirala Upadhayaya
- Ayandolu, Olufayo Ezekiel
- Unspoiled Love, Sergi Dutronc
- Surrender The Anguish, lingering stupor
- New Year 2015, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Serenity Of Air, lingering stupor
- Lovely flow, hasmukh amathalal
- 'A Peaceful New Year', Sossi Khachadourian