M.D Dinesh Nair
THE WAILING HARP
My small thoughts
May be halted at your lips
Which chant lies in silence
But I cannot restart a voyage into the seas
Of your manipulations, I am sorry.
Don`t ask me to find
A meaning for a life detained.
In the cave of dark enclosures
Myths are myths for me
And I am exiled from your fantasy land.
When your entwined life has chosen
To be in consolation of past tales
You talk about a life of fulness
But I say it aloud -
We are just alive kicking and reveling.
A shadow imitates the God
Of your sketches and colours
It may next even meditate under
An unyielding tree with yellow leaves
That grow hoping to touch the sky!
The fugitive in me
Will not and cannot go to that still
For I may find it embarrassing
To lose the present hold
-The hold of some grip indeed.
My hands discern the lichen
Engraving itself on
The moisture of insanity
But they are feeble and worn out
Yours are long and muscular, I admit.
The vastness of loneliness may be painful
But I know its coherence and ambiance
The rhythm of life was a note just attempted
And my harp now may wail to no end
But it will be what I like -that says it all.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE WAILING HARP by M.D Dinesh Nair )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Real happiness., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Bird eat Bird, Kim Barney
- In The Speech of Barack I Can Read Ameri.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Passport And Pen In Pocket, Susan Lacovara
- There is no other way, Aftab Alam
- Well Bugger Me!, Stanley Collymore
- Gravestone Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Casted Caught And Casted, Susan Lacovara
- Quiet White, Susan Lacovara
- A Synthetic Poet in the Webs., Norman Jin Shyr Wang