M.D Dinesh Nair
When I invite my shadow
To walk with me
He declines and retreats.
He knows about my pathways
Where I search for boulders to walk upon
He says, ' Go alone'.
When I come back
My shadow waits for me at the doorsteps
He dresses up my bleeding feet
And says, ' How do you fee? '
I think at times my dear,
You are a little bigger than me.
My shadow needs no soaring sun
Nor the kindness of a moon.
He denounces only my acts of bravado
I shall set out on a long walk once
On a glade planted with smooth grass
Perhaps he will find it for me.
My shadow has gone to the gate
And he is inviting me this time
You have never before walked in front of me
I see the clouds coloured in white
And reach the gate to go with him.
So go out together once for ever
After me and before me
My shadow now moves like a future ahead
A shadow that wades across my world of smiles
There may be the nod of a god unseen
To go ahead for a little longer.
We shall and shall.
When I won`t exist in tomorrow`s world
What will you do my dear?
In the chambers of heaven unknown
Won`t you walk alone for once?
I am sure it will be thus.
So be it, I pray
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE WALK by M.D Dinesh Nair )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- નાં રાખ રંજ naa rakh ranj, hasmukh amathalal
- Jayprakash Narayan, Was Your Political M.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Clouds In The Sky Remain, Rohit Sapra
- Lead me to truth, Tiku akp
- Tries To Be Silent, Rohit Sapra
- Lalua's Speeches & Lectures, Who Hears T.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- WAR HORSES, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Buffalomen Too Leaders In Bihar, Those W.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Lily In The Valley, Dexsta Ray
- Lallu And Kallu Two Rustic Ministers Fro.., Bijay Kant Dubey