Danny The Dreamer Boyd
The Wanderer ' Your Home Is In Your Chest '
So they ask me why I'm such a rolling stone,
Yet all the words pale in comparison to what I feel;
'It's not that I hate company, but I'd rather be alone.'
And I hope with a lie to a painful truth conceal.
Traveler, I prefer not a certain place,
And do search for where the memories are;
It seems that I might have a dream to chase,
Yet memories or dreams lie here and afar!
Some say that I'm just in need of a home:
Somewhere I can be sometimes at peace.
'You waste your life when you only roam,
And if you have a drop of sadness it will e'er increase.'
Arrogant, I tried but couldn't care less.
The faces that I see do always look the same,
Like the words that are said; or I guess
From all the nonsense I but numb became.
Apparently I'm not one to be advised:
After all I've chosen to walk an endless road;
Maybe I'd rather just be surprised,
Than suffer for eternity from a dread abode.
I've seen people happy, here and elsewhere;
Family is something I could never understand:
How could one the misery of others bear,
Just so they could someday these steel ties unhand!
Everyone is different in their own way,
But some things don't just make any sense at all;
Why did they raise me and then let me stray?
'Be not melancholic, you can merely so little recall.'
'Home is where the heart is, ' and so they did accost,
'Stop wandering about for a change and rest! '
I screamed, 'Not all those who wander are lost;
I know where my home is: it's in my goddamn chest! '
Danny The Dreamer Boyd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Wanderer ' Your Home Is In Your Chest ' by Danny The Dreamer Boyd )
- My Wife, KRISHNA SAMPATH KUMAR
- childhood, oskar hansen
- Fate's Violin, Arno Le Roux
- The Keepers Of Paris, Arno Le Roux
- A Secret Room, Arno Le Roux
- The Drug That Is Time, Arno Le Roux
- Random life!, SALINI NAIR
- Secret Music, Arno Le Roux
- My Weird Looks, Rohit Sapra
- The Way I Feel About Love, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1679 - 1718)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)