Danny The Dreamer Boyd
The Wanderer ' Your Home Is In Your Chest '
So they ask me why I'm such a rolling stone,
Yet all the words pale in comparison to what I feel;
'It's not that I hate company, but I'd rather be alone.'
And I hope with a lie to a painful truth conceal.
Traveler, I prefer not a certain place,
And do search for where the memories are;
It seems that I might have a dream to chase,
Yet memories or dreams lie here and afar!
Some say that I'm just in need of a home:
Somewhere I can be sometimes at peace.
'You waste your life when you only roam,
And if you have a drop of sadness it will e'er increase.'
Arrogant, I tried but couldn't care less.
The faces that I see do always look the same,
Like the words that are said; or I guess
From all the nonsense I but numb became.
Apparently I'm not one to be advised:
After all I've chosen to walk an endless road;
Maybe I'd rather just be surprised,
Than suffer for eternity from a dread abode.
I've seen people happy, here and elsewhere;
Family is something I could never understand:
How could one the misery of others bear,
Just so they could someday these steel ties unhand!
Everyone is different in their own way,
But some things don't just make any sense at all;
Why did they raise me and then let me stray?
'Be not melancholic, you can merely so little recall.'
'Home is where the heart is, ' and so they did accost,
'Stop wandering about for a change and rest! '
I screamed, 'Not all those who wander are lost;
I know where my home is: it's in my goddamn chest! '
Danny The Dreamer Boyd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Wanderer ' Your Home Is In Your Chest ' by Danny The Dreamer Boyd )
- Beauty is everywhere, Aftab Alam
- No Tears, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Dear Chains, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Too many cooks spoiled the broth, Aftab Alam
- So I thought, hasmukh amathalal
- That Day Into My Eyes You Gazed (M. Tsve.., Olga Kyvelidi
- For Me You Have No Love... (S.Esenin), Olga Kyvelidi
- All can benefit, hasmukh amathalal
- Water, Wendell Berry
- Only sweet words, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)