The New Beginning
Is this how the New Year is going to be?
Now we live in a world
where we don't know when will disaster strikes us.
With new technology
more disastrous weapons of mass destruction are made.
With advancing armies preparing for war.
I wish the world leaders would make Peace with each other.
And hope they use that money to feed the poor
and the places where there is famine.
I wish that all the troubles and pains of the people would go away.
The people who are homeless would have decent homes to live in.
I hope all the people would have their rights and dignity back.
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
By Zainab Zaheen, © 2011, All rights reserved
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The New Beginning by zainab zaheen )
- Dreamt Of You 3, Michael McParland
- That's When You Do It, douglas scotney
- Freedom in Love's Prison, Paul Hartal
- Gun Propaganda, Is It Poetry
- Silver Spoons, Mikey Bachman
- Perjury against the Innocent Punished by.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- Marital-Reciprocity, American-Style ......, Bri Edwards
- My Beloved Paula, Thomas Undertarn
- Much more (Rubliw), Gert Strydom
- I do know (Rubliw), Gert Strydom
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)