The New Beginning
Is this how the New Year is going to be?
Now we live in a world
where we don't know when will disaster strikes us.
With new technology
more disastrous weapons of mass destruction are made.
With advancing armies preparing for war.
I wish the world leaders would make Peace with each other.
And hope they use that money to feed the poor
and the places where there is famine.
I wish that all the troubles and pains of the people would go away.
The people who are homeless would have decent homes to live in.
I hope all the people would have their rights and dignity back.
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
By Zainab Zaheen, © 2011, All rights reserved
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The New Beginning by zainab zaheen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Question, Robert Frost
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Dark Crevices, Kela LewisMorin
- I Submit, Vera Sidhwa
- Nadine, David Lewis Paget
- Experiencing Humiliation, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Woes Of The World, Kela LewisMorin
- my favorite painter is the sky, Bull Hawking
- The Music of the World, Vera Sidhwa
- If You Were Here Today, Serena Blackinton
- my eyes only see light, Rob Spiering
- All for You, Muhammad Sarim Ashrafi