The world will never understand
The world will never understand our love
So we'll not judge it by their measures.
We'll just accept it as a gift
And guard it as our treasure.
I have been fighting with a worldly view.
Now let me heal those wounds
I've inflicted on you.
Keep me mindful of our origin of truth.
Harriet James's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The world will never understand by Harriet James )
- Love Becoming Pictures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Blessed September, Shqipe Prence
- Reasonable truth, Kiran Prasad
- Lost Soul In The Hidden Wild, Electric Lady
- 雨Rain, qin xing
- Kamikaze Heart, Kewayne Wadley
- 难道你真是一片云（ Don't you is really a cloud? ）, qin xing
- Assuring Voice, Somanathan Iyer
- Synchronization, SALINI NAIR
- Best World, Kolade Seun
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)