There's A Story
There's a story among my humble people.
There's a dream in the walls of my shiny cradle.
That one day I will cry and shout without the 'me'
And I will fly, caught, in the claws of a raven's memory.
There's a whisper winding through my humble people
That in a split and half and in between eternities
I will crawl like my wasted death, and so it is,
I will walk daring the forgotten path of all the fallen Gods
And there's a truth killing all my humble people without the common odds.
That I will find myself naked like a dying star
While thinking, hating, running, oh, so far
Through the raven's blood
Stilling its sacred wings of mud
Until the journey will become insane
Like my humanely absurd and infinitely falling rain.
Cristian Carcu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (There's A Story by Cristian Carcu )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- December 2014, Serenity Anderson
- On the outside looking In, Angell Afinowi
- Totally Connected, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Caged Bird, SAK Reddy
- A Deafness Too Excessive, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Generals Of War., Tony Adah
- Advice, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Out Of Hearing Distance, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Mirage, The Princess is
- Mysterious world I am poor human, Elius Rubby