There Will Always Be A Place For You At My Table
There will always be a place for you at my table.
You’ll never have to eat scraps off the floor.
There will always be a bed for you in my gable.
You’ll never have to sleep on the hard floor.
There will always be enough hot water to run your bath.
You’ll never have to be dirty that others will laugh.
There will always be a place for you right next to me,
You’ll never have to worry, my darling puppy.
(c) 2013 Copyright Elena Plotkin
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (There Will Always Be A Place For You At My Table by Elena Plotkin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Be a runner, gajanan mishra
- Rosy - 2, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Nangalum Manidan Than!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Time For Healing and Time to Love, Almedia Knight Oliver
- Merry-Christmas, gajanan mishra
- The best of surrenders, A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash P ..
- This world is yours, gajanan mishra
- Wrapped Around Your Finger, Amber Carr
- With full freedom, hasmukh amathalal
- તે જ જોવાનું..tej jovaanu, hasmukh amathalal