Tender as I start my week,
A journey with no ember.
Dreary days be all the same,
Pointless to remember.
Stale memories domineer the maze,
Being the errors of my ways.
Vainly suffer through the days,
Praying to God it's just a phase.
Sentence keeps extending.
Worries, upwardly trending,
Mind is constantly fending,
Demons from ascending.
Dead memories all that reign.
Relentless, they still remain,
Loved ones presume I feign
Day by day, going insane.
Praying for death of this phase.
Endless wallow through fog and haze.
Long and somber be the days
Aimless wander in malaise.
Alan Browne's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (These Days by Alan Browne )
- Flower Vendor, DOMINIC K V
- Winter´s Sunshine, Peter S. Quinn
- Another World, Bareerah Bilal
- I am so unfortunate, gajanan mishra
- Assign All Guilt, Margaret Alice Second
- Find everything, gajanan mishra
- Art Is My True Love, Rohit Sapra
- Give no title, hasmukh amathalal
- Pause, Don Tiedemann
- A pitcher of poison, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)