Lawrence S. Pertillar
They Are Where They Are
They are where they are,
Without exceptions, excuses...
Tears produced to empathize their alibis.
Or ideals bought to barter, sell or later be sold...
To pass off to others their problems presented,
But unable to solve.
They are where they are.
And needless it is to argue over the thickness of intent.
They are where they are with kept dependency on beliefs,
That a feeding on continued deceptions will provide rememdies.
And with their fingers crossed,
A freeing of them from mental bondage will happen.
Until that delusion one day comes to actually occur 'if' everrr,
They will stay to remain offended...
By any aspect of truth heard to exist, introduced or mentioned.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (They Are Where They Are by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- AnyThing In ReTurn, Kewayne Wadley
- If all we know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
- The world is like a worm, Mark Heathcote
- Our shared tear, Julie Shirley
- Conscious Peal, Adeosun Olamide
- Living Contradictions, Sandra Feldman
- Alley Church, Adeosun Olamide
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(c. 600 BCE)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1886 - 1967)