Thiruvalluvar's Couplets On 'Friendship' - Poem by Rajendran Muthiah
781. Friendship is the best to make of all human relationships.
It is the exceptional bulwark against the deeds of foes.
782. Friendship with the wise waxes like the new moon.
That with the fools like the full moon wanes soon.
783. Reading a classic more and more feeds you with bliss
as nourishing friendship with the noble does.
784. Friendship is not alone to share the joys
but also to admonish and amend when a friend gets out of line.
785. To make friendship, meeting and moving with one is not a need.
Having similar mindset gives the right to ensure it.
786. It isn’t friendship to keep the face in wreathed smiles.
It is being genial and heartily glad.
787. To bring a friend back to ways of virtue from evil, and if
disaster strikes, suffer along with him, is true friendship.
788. As the rushing hand to stop the dropping dress,
good friendship succours and wipes out the coming misery.
789. The excellent state of good friendship is not to waver
but when possible, to support, succour and bear his burden.
790. It is mean friendship to blazon forth brazenly,
the things of worth, both of you bearing on each other.
Comments about Thiruvalluvar's Couplets On 'Friendship' by Rajendran Muthiah
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.