This cold night
This night is white, this night is cold...
I have no feeling in my toes...
This night is dark, this night is cold...
As I watched a childs spirit arose...
Up, and up into the clouds,
I see it rise into this night...
This night thats cold as winter's ice...
All I see now is a cold stone body lying in the snow...
All that is left after the police have gone,
Is a maroon spot shinning brightly at dawn...
Alexandra Greif's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This cold night by Alexandra Greif )
- That horizon and the rock of suicide, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What measure., Ryan Brodesser
- That horizon, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- HUGGED GRANDMA DORORTHY, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- HOWARD STERN, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- HOW MUCH DID YOU GIVE?, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- HOW LONG CAN WE RIDE THIS CRAZY BUS?, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Not Far Off: A New Beginning, M.J Donnchadh
- HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- HOLLYWOOD 1996, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns