This Daylights Love
Alone with her loneliness she'd placed
In a darkened segmented—basement:
Under her eyelids her impassionate prey.
Was had she not grown quite nauseate
Of being a moth beneath iron grates:
She'd long given-up on bat like wings.
But for her insular lusts of blood l tasted.
She'd have 'Love' stoppered affordably bottled.
Poured from; the ceiling of the Sistine chapel.
There her personifications of a nude fresco…
Lecherously, joining us; in this vampirism:
Would buttress against us; her kissing—
Sleepovers in a velvet casket of stars...
With her needs ancient as a pagan forest.
That longs for the starlight's faucet fix.
So her emotionalism's tap' runneth over …
As she reaches up from her foundations root:
Night butterflies fly-out: This daylights love
This daylights newly, amalgamated lover.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (This Daylights Love by Mark Heathcote )
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.43, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.42, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.41, Monk E. Biz
- Conflict, SALINI NAIR
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.40, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.39, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.38, Monk E. Biz
- Changes, Tex T Sarnie
- Mankind, Tex T Sarnie
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.37, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)