Lawrence S. Pertillar
This Is 'My' America
Oh beautiful it is to awaken each day,
To have choices to make...
And aspire to achieve to unlimited heights.
With a doing to have no one refuse what I like.
Oh beautiful it is to feel free to take steps,
In any direction I wish to then select what's next.
And then to change my mind if I so please.
Or then leave this process to sit and breathe easily.
Is 'my' America. Happy Birthday U.S.A.
Happy July 4th!
No other place can I have it this way.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Is 'My' America by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Blinding Trust, Nick Kler
- I was falling, Rohan Nath
- The Moon And Me, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- The Mighty Tower, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- When will I be Free?, nic berja
- Spreading, Aparna Chatterjee
- To The Milking Gone, Julian Mann
- No Regrets, Nancy Cullen
- Dark Days, micheal john
- Out Of Philosophy, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- Palm Tree, Rabindranath Tagore
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- All You Who Sleep Tonight, Vikram Seth
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)