Lawrence S. Pertillar
This Is 'My' America
Oh beautiful it is to awaken each day,
To have choices to make...
And aspire to achieve to unlimited heights.
With a doing to have no one refuse what I like.
Oh beautiful it is to feel free to take steps,
In any direction I wish to then select what's next.
And then to change my mind if I so please.
Or then leave this process to sit and breathe easily.
Is 'my' America. Happy Birthday U.S.A.
Happy July 4th!
No other place can I have it this way.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Is 'My' America by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- *Darling Dove, C. P. Sharma
- *The Divine Blessings - For Jen Walls an.., C. P. Sharma
- Bittersweet, Kelly Curiel
- The American Dream, Lilly Emery
- *Rumi Speaks, C. P. Sharma
- Destiny Misplaced, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- *Stray Thoughts, C. P. Sharma
- Shame-Shame Israel, Aftab Alam
- Paths Of Childhood, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- lips of flower, Aftab Alam