Lawrence S. Pertillar
'This Is Too Abstract'
The same people who exclaimed,
They will remain the same unchanged.
And down to Earth.
With a belief the doing of this,
Merits proof of the use of their common sense...
Are today surrounded by a vast ignorance,
Only they have created for themselves to invent.
It takes much more than speeches...
Sermons preached and writings on the wall,
For a people blinded to it all...
Who can not face facts or the presence of truth,
With a preference for delusion...
To protect their denials to eliminate from their minds,
A dependence on excuses made they value.
'Can you express this more basically,
For those unable to comprehend? '
I'm not in the business of selling,
Bargain basement specials,
To anyone still needing instructions...
On the purpose and use of an escalator.
Wanting to reach with a desire to go up,
Will eventually dawn on those...
Who sought to stay behind closed doors,
On the lower floors.
'This is too abstract.'
Accuse me for anything you wish.
But I had nothing to do with the dumbdowning.
Or its acceptance.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('This Is Too Abstract' by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Confirmation, Yuliy Valenko
- The bee Haiku, Sambanath Denis
- The Slight And Sorry Words, Sambanath Denis
- On A Painting, Sambanath Denis
- The Day Your Mother Kept For You, mary douglas
- Leaving For Okinawa In The Morning, Kyle Schlicher
- Into Your Eyes, Spiritwind Wood
- What You Thought I Thought You Thought, Dexsta Ray
- Cactus Flower, Midnights Voice
- Sacrifice, Nassy Fesharaki