This Life Will End
It’s God’s time, not mine friend, when my life here shall end,
Written in His Eternal Plan, including every woman and man,
With all life’s hows and whys, mixed throughout, in disguise,
Where, in this life God leads, taking care of temporal needs.
Temporal is time down here, the Bible makes this very clear,
That all upon this earth will die, this includes both you and I,
Then all shall see their Creator, even if He is not their Savior,
It doesn’t matter if you believe; a visit by Him all will receive.
When on earth I no longer roam, I will be in my eternal home,
When I depart this earthly place, lifted up all by God’s grace,
With an Eternity for me in store, this life, is recalled no more,
For I will live with God forever, with death encountered never.
This is what’s ahead for me, as from here I step into eternity,
A place for me above in Heaven, far from all spiritual leaven,
With a heart and mind that’s pure, in perfection, forevermore,
Death for me is eternal life; into the presence of Jesus Christ.
Eternal Judgment I shall not see, as Christ’s Spirit lives in me,
For by faith, I believed in Him, so Christ forgave all of my sin;
The only thing better dear friend, than death, at this life’s end,
With the rapture, a possibility; Christ in the clouds to meet me.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Life Will End by Bob Gotti )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Kazi Nazrul Islam
(24 May 1899 - 29 August 1976)
(1330 - 1390)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Shine goes, hasmukh amathalal
- Is the lady a tramp?, Israh Sadan
- Late night, Leong Ming Loong
- If Minds Were As Brooks, Richard Blay
- She Loves Me, Omar Eldamsheety
- Face in the window, Israh Sadan
- Who the killer?, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Nested above the lavenders, maryline vautravers
- A Semester Night, Muhammad Sarim Ashrafi
- Lonely all the time, Kelly Shanks