This Life Will End
It’s God’s time, not mine friend, when my life here shall end,
Written in His Eternal Plan, including every woman and man,
With all life’s hows and whys, mixed throughout, in disguise,
Where, in this life God leads, taking care of temporal needs.
Temporal is time down here, the Bible makes this very clear,
That all upon this earth will die, this includes both you and I,
Then all shall see their Creator, even if He is not their Savior,
It doesn’t matter if you believe; a visit by Him all will receive.
When on earth I no longer roam, I will be in my eternal home,
When I depart this earthly place, lifted up all by God’s grace,
With an Eternity for me in store, this life, is recalled no more,
For I will live with God forever, with death encountered never.
This is what’s ahead for me, as from here I step into eternity,
A place for me above in Heaven, far from all spiritual leaven,
With a heart and mind that’s pure, in perfection, forevermore,
Death for me is eternal life; into the presence of Jesus Christ.
Eternal Judgment I shall not see, as Christ’s Spirit lives in me,
For by faith, I believed in Him, so Christ forgave all of my sin;
The only thing better dear friend, than death, at this life’s end,
With the rapture, a possibility; Christ in the clouds to meet me.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Life Will End by Bob Gotti )
- soon. chapter 2, Mandolyn ...
- Through A Puppet's Eyes, Dilantha Gunawardana
- soon. chapter 1, Mandolyn ...
- Dragon King Daughter, Tim caffery
- LONE LADY, vidyut chakraborty
- Psalm 070, Forrest Hainline
- What is said in autobiography, gajanan mishra
- The weird erotica, Marcel Aouizerate
- Acting Judge, Tim caffery
- Your lovely smile, Jesus James Llorico
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Dream Keeper, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)