This soldier is my hero.
He is the one i get my strength from
He is strong; like two body builders put together.
He is brave and fearless.
This soldier is my cousin.
The memories we have together mean more to me
Than anything in the world.
He is the one who I pray for at night.
This soldier is fighting right now.
With the gun in his hand, he fires.
Bang, bang, bang,
Shots fire from his gun as his body tenses up.
Is he as scared as I am?
This soldier is my soldier,
Without him, I wouldn't be the same.
My soldier is the one I miss,
The one I haven't seen since 3rd grade.
This soldier is proud.
He fights for his own life, just to keep us safe.
He is the one that I want to know,
That he is my hero for life.
-Dedicated to my cousin Chris Yingling-
Kailee Falvo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Soldier by Kailee Falvo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Expression Eruption: An artillery call, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Biochemistry II, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- farm this, Mandolyn ...
- A Chat By Brothers, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Smith of Words, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Past IT' is, george albot
- WILD FLOWERS ARE PRETTY FLOWERS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- WILD FLOWERS ARE PRETTY FLOWERS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- DOUBLE-FACED PEOPLE ناس بوشين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Young Priest, Old Priest, Donal Mahoney