This soldier is my hero.
He is the one i get my strength from
He is strong; like two body builders put together.
He is brave and fearless.
This soldier is my cousin.
The memories we have together mean more to me
Than anything in the world.
He is the one who I pray for at night.
This soldier is fighting right now.
With the gun in his hand, he fires.
Bang, bang, bang,
Shots fire from his gun as his body tenses up.
Is he as scared as I am?
This soldier is my soldier,
Without him, I wouldn't be the same.
My soldier is the one I miss,
The one I haven't seen since 3rd grade.
This soldier is proud.
He fights for his own life, just to keep us safe.
He is the one that I want to know,
That he is my hero for life.
-Dedicated to my cousin Chris Yingling-
Kailee Falvo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Soldier by Kailee Falvo )
- Starbucks, Tom Zart
- Waves of customers inside those stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Leading Me Home, Heather Burns
- She's mad at me today, Louis Borgo
- An Event, Heather Burns
- Hiding In The Open In Her Room, Is It Poetry
- All Hallows Eve, David Lewis Paget
- The Devil Twists God's Words & Desires., Tom Zart
- Naturality, michael walkerjohn
- time, lee fones
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- If I Knew Someone Cared, Nicole Rawls
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- CHERYL winter
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)