Those winter nights...
Those winter nights when it rains,
When the soft silence suddenly fades,
And thunder appears as blood in sky's veins,
Like short bursts of light in mysterious braids,
The next moment none of it remains,
Along with it sleep from my eyes also evades,
The crowded shades, the empty plains,
Those mesmerizing winter nights when it rains,
When it rains with a melody that contains,
A magical spell that never seems to break,
And that ever-fresh smell the rain retains,
My heart hungrier, it never ceases to make,
While others enjoy their warm sleep I remain awake,
Enjoying those winter nights when it rains.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Those winter nights... by Abdul Rafay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Giver Of Light, Spiritwind Wood
- spinach makes me teeth feel chalky, Mandolyn ...
- Ode to knickers, Ruth Walters
- This Really Blows My Mind, Electric Lady
- Under The Tree, Tony Adah
- Poem Title, Doyen Lingua
- ten?, Mandolyn ...
- Midnight Yellow Moon, Kyle Schlicher
- x, Aloke Mukherjee
- A Message From Heaven, Clara Keiper