PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
Time alone is lame!
Time alone is lame!
Who`ll wait for Time. Right Time; good Time!
Time alone does nothing. Time himself changes nothing.
I`ll be darned! What could be only in his hands?
He is as cold as ice and as hot as summer sands!
The hearsay whispers that He heals wounds.
But broken hearts ache even with iron hands` check.
And treasured memories never ever crack though they may wrack.
Like the sediment of coffee they must be found in the grounds!
Look at the chair over there. Wait and see if it comes very near.
Yeah, every minute counts. But work must run on solid grounds.
Silver efforts make callous Time wise through pure golden use!
He is never ever our master. A dull bystander or a mute onlooker!
A pair of bullocks has to till the arable or arid Time land.
Sweats bathed toil earns the trophy, modest or grand!
When it treats one like one hail-fellow-well-met;
I fear and cast aspersions on the trap so well set!
PARTHA SARATHI PAUL's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Time alone is lame! by PARTHA SARATHI PAUL )
- You Are My Addiction, Hayley Lewis
- Unwed Mother (A Confession Of Love), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Games, Hayley Lewis
- Late Night T.V With The Volume Set To Zero, Stephen Peter Mills
- Collage, Naveed Khalid
- False Deity, Hayley Lewis
- Cloze, Naveed Khalid
- Foremost among the Finest!, Stanley Collymore
- Morning Star, Naveed Khalid
- Creator of Destruction, Hayley Lewis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns