Lawrence S. Pertillar
Time Spent In Interdependentness
I open and stretch my eyes,
As far as I can see...
The blue and cloudless sky.
With a wondering of why,
I sometimes do...
Of a sky that appears to be so high...
Can cover the Earth with such beauty.
And not interfere with the inhabitants...
Convinced that divisions evented,
Are shining with a glossness.
With a reception that sparkles,
In a radiant reflection
And accepted with approval,
By that which observes...
From an intelligence that is aeons,
In superiority in the boundless heavens.
And yet lets us believe,
We are the center of this vast Universe.
There has to be a lot of humor,
Achieved and received by what is seen.
And maybe it is the laughter provided,
That has kept us taking our survival...
As seriously as we take the acknowledgement,
That our time spent in interdependentness delayed...
Accomplishes a wasting of efforts.
This has all the ingredients,
That a hesitation in taking things for granted...
As we are taught to have patience,
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Time Spent In Interdependentness by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Neighbor Prayer, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Diplomacy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- Comet, Naveed Khalid
- Jumbled Sewing Basket, Green And White W.., mary douglas
- Hospitality (Section 9 of Thirukural), rajendran muthiah
- Crushed, Gergana Teofilova
- Not a big deal, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Affinity with truth for all times, gajanan mishra
- Affinity with truth, gajanan mishra