Lawrence S. Pertillar
Time Spent In Interdependentness
I open and stretch my eyes,
As far as I can see...
The blue and cloudless sky.
With a wondering of why,
I sometimes do...
Of a sky that appears to be so high...
Can cover the Earth with such beauty.
And not interfere with the inhabitants...
Convinced that divisions evented,
Are shining with a glossness.
With a reception that sparkles,
In a radiant reflection
And accepted with approval,
By that which observes...
From an intelligence that is aeons,
In superiority in the boundless heavens.
And yet lets us believe,
We are the center of this vast Universe.
There has to be a lot of humor,
Achieved and received by what is seen.
And maybe it is the laughter provided,
That has kept us taking our survival...
As seriously as we take the acknowledgement,
That our time spent in interdependentness delayed...
Accomplishes a wasting of efforts.
This has all the ingredients,
That a hesitation in taking things for granted...
As we are taught to have patience,
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Time Spent In Interdependentness by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Come! Let's make it happen, Asma Riaz Khan
- O Beija-flor, Von Kimball Barney
- A Sincere Apology, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Leaves in Colors, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Never Give Up, Lilly Emery
- sterilization process of our modern system, Anthony Cavuoti
- Kopje onder, Madrason writer
- five past three, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Trapdoor, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Gans Veer, Madrason writer
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns