Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet
Times Of Stress
Tempted am I to write some more,
Why must I write another encore?
Only to use and tax my brain,
To keep away my depression again.
In times of inactivity I stagnate,
My brain just seems to hesitate,
I find nothing useful yet to do,
Until I write poems for me and you.
It’s marvellous to tax my brain,
I must do it, again and again,
For when I do write for you,
Depression out of the window flew.
It’s amazing how these words do come,
Does it happen for everyone?
When stress is encountered by you,
Or does it happen to only a few?
Am I unique in times of stress?
And only I the one to be depressed?
Why then, do I reach for pen and pad?
To write a poem for which I’m glad.
© Jonathan Goldman [JGthepoet] - 1 December 2005
Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Times Of Stress by Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet )
- Bravely face, hasmukh amathalal
- Separation, Zubair Ali
- Eyes in the Sky, Antonio Liao
- गोसो खांदोँ- 2006, Ronjoy Brahma
- GOD'S FRUIT FOR LIFE, Michael P. Johnson
- WHILE DEMONS RUN AMOK, Michael P. Johnson
- Hope and Fear, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- IN COUNTRIES FAR & NEAR, Michael P. Johnson
- Thanksgiving, howard simon
- WITH WISDOM! LISTEN, Michael P. Johnson
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(26 February 1564 - 30 May 1593)