Ten percent means ten percent, right now and not later,
Are you telling your church on payday, adios alligator,
If this is the case then you are guilty of robbing the Lord,
Your necessities 1st claiming nothing else can you afford.
I Corinthians 16: 2, let everyone as you prosper lay in store,
At least ten percent of your prosperity, if you want too even more,
Malachi 3: 10, the windows of heaven will open, pouring out a blessing,
Of this you can be assured without any room for second guessing.
God does not give welfare just because you are in a need,
Meat must be brought in the storehouse in the form of a seed,
Leviticus 27: 30, whether it's from land or the fruit of a tree,
Acts 20: 35, it is more blessed to give than it is to receive.
Social Security, you've never worked with sweat on your neck,
So, why put your hand out expecting to be given free a check,
Malachi 3: 10, prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of host,
God is inside everyone of us in the form of, 'The Holy Ghost.'
Don't think you can fool Him if in seclusion you hide and cheat,
Even an animal knows the difference between bread and meat,
Give to the church as though it was your personal tithe basket,
Who has money placed along side them while laying in a casket?
Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die,
A sure way to miss your flight is by not giving your tithes,
We all want to prosper with everything that's why it's strange,
Expecting a million-dollar harvest while only planting change.
For sure we'll spend the Benjamin's in the lottery line to bet,
At the store buying, beer, wine, nude magazines & cigarettes,
Pizza, burgers, all the crap causing the nation to be overweight,
When it comes to support spreading the word why do we hate?
Tithing is not meant for a new Cadillac as some people think,
Malachi 3: 11, "And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, "
Paul said, "but I desire fruit that may abound to your account."
In Philippians 4: 17, that blessed returned from a 10% amount.
One study has shown approximately 3% of Christians tithe,
Sickness, financial problems, might this be the reason why?
"They only want your money" preachers have been dubbed,
But, you never hear that said about dancers in the strip club.
Luke Easter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tithing by Luke Easter )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Song Of Despair, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Night Before Christmas (at the cat l.., Randal Johnson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Death wish, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- Tribute to myself, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- Language dilemna, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- My funeral, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- The Students into Terrorism, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Hater, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- What is me, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- So we free, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- Nature on Earth (Acrostic 2), soulful heart
- Out of danger, hasmukh amathalal