To A Time That Will Never Happen, and To Someone That Never Will Be
I miss the lies.
I miss the uncontrollable reaction of putting on my disguise.
I miss the silent judgements running through your head.
I miss the fact that you promised all those nasty things you said.
I miss the pain.
I miss your voice when my hearts pouring bloody rain.
I miss the way you would scream at me.
I miss the cowering and wanting to be free.
I miss not being the reason for your hatred.
I miss knowing that you’ll still be slicing me in when I’m asleep in bed.
I miss the tragedy within your eyes.
I miss the constant stabbing in my thighs.
I miss how you would starve me from my every need.
I miss how you constantly wanted to plant your seed.
I miss the reaction to crying alone.
I miss the thought of being too scared to come home.
I miss running away.
I miss how you would always beg me to stay.
I miss the punishment of behaviour.
I miss how you would kill me, and then act like my saviour.
I miss the rotting of the wooden self-made coffin tomb.
I miss the sweet scent of gloom.
I miss the fact you always visit me here.
I miss the fact that I can never just disappear.
I miss nothing of importance to you anymore.
I only miss the fact that I was once your number one whore.
Joseph Orton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To A Time That Will Never Happen, and To Someone That Never Will Be by Joseph Orton )
- Black Beans, Edward Kofi Louis
- Humble Yourself, Edward Kofi Louis
- Gauravshali Bihar, sushant jha
- Exiled Sentence, Nathalie Handal
- Transcendent Moment, Edward Kofi Louis
- War, Nathalie Handal
- War, Nathalie Handal
- The Phone Call, Nathalie Handal
- Idol dances, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Ayrton, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- nugget, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- healthy back bag, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- rwetewrt erwtwer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)