My body is full of them.
Nothing seems to fill them.
With every person I meet.
Another hole appears.
Even when things are going well.
Because deep down.
They won't stick around.
And I'm never wrong.
A lot of these holes.
Are self inflicted.
But everytime, the holes get deeper.
And it will come to a point.
Where I shall be oh so very hollow.
And I will break.
They are already starting to show.
Its only a matter of time.
Before they destroy me.
Destroy me into oblivion.
And there will be.
No more hope left for me.
Joseph Orton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Holes (Self-Inflicted) by Joseph Orton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Invisible Monster, Dan Walker
- Dead Veg, Richard Lee
- House of Cards, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Flying Turtles, Richard Lee
- The Guaca-mole, Richard Lee
- Pop goes the Easel, Richard Lee
- Word of mouth from the people of audacio.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- House Spiders, Judith Vollmer
- Divine Bird, Somanathan Iyer
- Concerns of a happy man, Chisomo Chris Nasiyaya