To Leap Into Bed
Don't leap into bed on first date.
It betrays your opportunism.
Post-marriage union is guiltless.
First night is the wedding's prerogative.
Pre-marriage sexual gratifications
Would stunt the emotional growth
Towards commitment and concern.
With chances of cracks being maximum.
Courtship is meant for the lovers
To know each other and find out
How best they adjust each other.
Don't use before the thing is owned.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Leap Into Bed by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
- Khalani zinyoni vele nizolibusa, senzokhaya umhayi
- Fever power, hasmukh amathalal
- Inside a tomb, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sithandwa sami sokuqala, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ngimbonile ufikile uhambile, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ngizokulinda ubuye, senzokhaya umhayi
- Zulu lezintandane, senzokhaya umhayi
- JANICE'S DRESS., Terry Collett
- Thando unjani, senzokhaya umhayi
- Sweet And Lovely Words, Edward Kofi Louis