To My Students
As the golden beams burst at break of day
I feel gaily showers of your intellects' spray,
Not mere drops incense still
Like sweetening breeze of Spring's thrill.
Now I see you acquire the fire that blazes to glow
Your child-like thoughts consuming the bright maturity flow.
The innocent twinkle of starlit shy
Getting bright sparkle of golden sky.
Your faith profound of truth and religion
Floats so sportive in the glittening region.
I see the Glory waiting for thee
With ribbons and wreaths at the gate of futurity.
What joyance do I feel within my bossom!
My heart btithers, my soul bloosoms!
Vivek Tiwari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (To My Students by Vivek Tiwari )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(10 February 1970-)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- A Complaint, William Wordsworth
- Love's Substitute, Bernard O'Dowd
Poem of the Day
- As lovely chance, hasmukh amathalal
- Worldly pleasure, gajanan mishra
- Create sweetness, hasmukh amathalal
- No Means No, Gillu Rahul
- Self Pride, Katherine Perry
- Father, hafiz qasim
- who stole my thunder, Cee Bea
- The Poet in Crossroad, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Communists Turn Autocratic and Dictatorial, Bijay Kant Dubey
- what to say, Cee Bea