Ace Of Black Hearts
To Never Forget
For a moment you made me forget who I was.
Spinning a rose, collecting shells from the ocean.
If you stick it to your ears you know you can hear the waves.
It is true I know it sounds crazy, a sound of continuous crashing and splashing.
I can't explain the why but it is something I've known ever since I was a little boy.
Yes they were some good times, from panama city fl beach, and mini golf, to Atlanta Georgia six flags the roller coaster rides so high, to the bump cars that made me feel as if I could drive.
The sun capturing the sky.
Permanent burning it into my mind.
I was there if only one time that's fine.
Better then a postcard of someone spoils and happy phrases.
They just make you feel so jaded.
Drive across the country, we stop in so many strange places, from the west Virgina mountains of giant blue rocks, to the Tennessee beautiful lakes.
I remember those days, how could I every forget.
From grandfather catching catfish from the beach.
He stabbed his foot in the artery with one somehow.
I remember it so clearly because my cousin passed out from seeing all the blood.
Each moment as precious then then the last.
This is why I write so I can never forget.
Never forget anything so precious.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (To Never Forget by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
Poem of the Day
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones
- You Are Very Beautiful II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Winter and Christmas, Rimni chakravarty
- - Μουγγό σκυλί (Greek poem), Giorgio A. V.
- Say You Are One of Them, Aysha Ananse
- Astonished, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Love It So, Edward Kofi Louis