Ace Of Black Hearts (04/17/1984 / Homa Lousiana)
To Never Forget
For a moment you made me forget who I was.
Spinning a rose, collecting shells from the ocean.
If you stick it to your ears you know you can hear the waves.
It is true I know it sounds crazy, a sound of continuous crashing and splashing.
I can't explain the why but it is something I've known ever since I was a little boy.
Yes they were some good times, from panama city fl beach, and mini golf, to Atlanta Georgia six flags the roller coaster rides so high, to the bump cars that made me feel as if I could drive.
The sun capturing the sky.
Permanent burning it into my mind.
I was there if only one time that's fine.
Better then a postcard of someone spoils and happy phrases.
They just make you feel so jaded.
Drive across the country, we stop in so many strange places, from the west Virgina mountains of giant blue rocks, to the Tennessee beautiful lakes.
I remember those days, how could I every forget.
From grandfather catching catfish from the beach.
He stabbed his foot in the artery with one somehow.
I remember it so clearly because my cousin passed out from seeing all the blood.
Each moment as precious then then the last.
This is why I write so I can never forget.
Never forget anything so precious.
Poet Other Poems
- (Abandoment Poem) Abandon
- (Abuse Poem) A Lack Of Understanding.
- (Addiction Poem) Bad Habit
- (Advice Poem) A Letter To His Replacemen...
- (Ambition Poem) Business In A Dream
- (Angry Poem) An Empty Soul
- (Angry Poem) Angered
- (Angry Poem) Absolute Destruction
- (Angry Poem) Angorance Took Me Down
- (Angry Poem) Angry Are Your Children Of ...
- (Angry Poem) Blood On The Floor
- (Angry Poem) Bringing Forth A Demon
- (Angry Poem) Burnt
- (Angry Poem) Bury The Hatchet
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.