To the intolerant elected us must learn
To the intolerant elected us must learn to love: for it is they, who have frozen on the path to light. For it is they, who have frozen short sighted and fastened their tempers of understanding.
For it is they, who have frozen on the path to all they make righteous.
Only when these their silent hands dwell in a mindfulness of prayer manifest
Or with a carpenters hammer hammering will they this rich rabble care
For the emptiness visionless theft they've taxingly declared.
Only when they see that great depth of love and wealth; shall they be troubled.
Only; when they see just how poor spiritually they to really are will they be heedful of their own ever growing hunger that grows within themselves that blind despair?
That we the people of this their world are only too often fully aware.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To the intolerant elected us must learn by Mark Heathcote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- yup, you know i love you, Mandolyn ...
- Time Machine, Tammy Ashton
- THE PRETTY SEA AND THE SWIMMING POOL الب.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aemulus, Arik Fletcher
- Take it all it's entirely all for you baby, Mark Heathcote
- Confused Sea Gods, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- A Cookie Jar, Heather Burns
- Anger, Steve Gregory
- THERE MUST BE A CURFEW ON ALL CATS GLOBAL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Coincidence is hope for a non-believer, Jorge Rolon